Spring Forward with In-Person Learning
This information is for families that have applied and been accepted to the limited in-person learning experience.
In-person Learning Fast Facts
- Enrichment Camp runs from April 19th – June 1 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. There is no camp on Wednesdays.
- You must provide transportation for your child every day for drop-off and pick up. The building opens for breakfast at 7:30am. Students must be in the building by 7:55am and picked up by 2:30pm. There is no Before or After Care.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please let us know of any allergies or dietary needs.
- Only students and staff may enter the building. Masks are required on school grounds.
Scholars will leave their Chromebooks at home.
Students’ supplies will be provided, so they do not need a backpack.
Have more questions after reading?
Contact Ms. Cobb
Before In-Person Learning Starts
- You will receive a welcome letter from the principal.
- Students’ supplies will be provided, so leave the backpacks at home.
- Please bring a water bottle and an extra face mask every day.
- If your child needs medication during the school day, put all items in a plastic bag labeled with your child’s name. Be sure the office has been notified about the medication.
- Students may enter using their designated grade level door:
- Grades K4–2: Main Doors
- Grades 3–5: Door 6
- Middle School: Bus Entrance Door 5
- Cars line up in the front of the building.
- Students will remain in the car until they get a Temperature Check and complete the Health Screening Questions. Their temperature must be 100.4°F or below to be admitted into the school for the day.
- If a designated walker arrives at school and does not pass the Temperature Check and Health Screening, that student will go directly to the Front Office Conference room to wait while we contact their family.
Only in-person students and MESA staff will be allowed to enter the building.
Parents will be asked to wait outside the school when picking up their scholars early.
Masks Are Required
Masks need to be worn at all times indoors. During outdoor recess, masks can be taken off, with social distancing.
DURING THE DAY:
- The office will open at 8:30am. However, students may not enter unless they are receiving medication. Students will not be allowed to use the phone for non-emergency calls during school hours.
- If a student receives morning medication from the office, they may come at 8:30am.
- Students will eat Breakfast (served from 7:30-8:00am) and Lunch in their classroom.
- Students will need to maintain social distance in the classroom, in the hallways and outside during Recess.
- All Assemblies will be hosted online. In-person scholars will log into assembly Zoom links from their homerooms.
- Lockers will not be used for Spring Enrichment Camp.
If a student shows COVID symptoms at school:
- Throughout the day, should any student experience a fever of 100.4°F or above, visible symptoms of runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, or vomiting, the student will be escorted to the MESA Isolation Room where parents are contacted for pick up, with the following exceptions:
- If the student has a runny nose and no other observable symptoms, the office will contact a parent to determine if other symptoms are present or if there is exposure to COVID-19 in the home. If not, the student will return to class.
- If the student has health information that confirms a diagnosis of asthma or other respiratory conditions. The office will contact a parent/guardian to confirm that the student has no other symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 at home. If not, the student will return to class.
- The student recently had a confirmed case of COVID-19 and has received a negative COVID test.
- Families are not able to enter the building for dismissal.
- Dismissal will run from 2:20 pm-2:30 pm. The first name in the car line will be called at approximately 2:15 pm.
- Scholars in 4th-8th grade can be signed out as walkers by parents. Parents must send in a signed permission form that will be kept on file.
- Students will exit out their grade level assigned door (the same doors they arrived through) and proceed to the car line in the front of the building.
LATE PICKUP: Please pick up your scholar on time to help us maintain safety measures.
First-time late: You will receive a reminder of pick-up time.
Second-time late: Scholars will participate in virtual learning.
All scholars in K4-8th will log in virtually from home for the Schoolwide Reading Block.
Thank you for your support as we work
to keep our scholars and staff safe!
Milwaukee Environmental Sciences Academy
6600 West Melvina Street
Milwaukee, WI 53216
Get our text updates!
Text eagles to 80123 to subscribe.